A word from your missions office
By HEITH MITCHELL
If God calls us to follow him in doing something we can expect a few things to be true:
- The task will be true to the Word and reflective of the heart and mission of God.
- The task will be God-sized and not something we can reasonably tackle.
- The task will directly highlight our weakness and his glory.
- The task will require faithfulness and faith.
I see all of these realized in your Texas Missions Movement and especially as we labor and pray towards 100 new churches in Texas by 2029. Let’s examine each:
- Your Texas Missions Movement is squarely focused on the mission God has left us with. We are focused on sharing the gospel and making disciples all over this growing state among the current generations. This is our focus and that focus results in new churches being started and existing churches being revived. We are focused on this while being true to the principles and instructions given to us in the Word of God.
- God always asks us to step out in faith and follow Him in doing God sized things, not us size things. We are not left to ourselves. It is a faith journey we are on and our faith grows when we trust. It grows when we see the power of God on full display. When we realize our limits are not our limits in Christ. The story of every Bible character is an example of this. All of us involved in your Texas Missions Movement are aware that we are engaged in a God-sized task, wrestling territory that the enemy controls for the King and His Kingdom. This is dangerous, overwhelming and defeating work. But we have victory in Christ Jesus!
- I set at my desk writing this overwhelmed with the truth of this. My weakness is really the only useful thing I have to offer God. It is useful to Him because when He shows Himself mighty through me and there is no danger that I will rob Him of his glory. Doesn’t God always use the least likely? Again every character in the Bible is an example of God showing himself through an unlikely candidate. I do not doubt what God can do through an East Texas farm boy or the motley crew of missionaries and support workers he has assembled. None of us are a gift to God but we are a vessel He can use to make Himself known.
- Your Texas Missions Movement is constantly stepping out in faith while seeking to be faithful. There are currently 28 church planting engagements while the Lord continues to open new doors. We know that our role is to remain faithful to the mission and to care for each mission and each missionary while serving each of you. We believe that the path to 100 churches is a path of faith and faithfulness.
Will you join us in prayer and commitment to:
100 New Churches/10 years
- That we see an aggressive multiplication movement of churches who make disciples, equip and release leaders, and start churches for the glory of God and the advancement of his Kingdom Mission
- That each new mission begin with a plan to begin three new churches in their first 10 years
- That pastors and churches of the association be encouraged and equipped to start new churches
- That we connect, evaluate, identify and train new prospective church planters
I would love to come and share Texas Missions with your church or association. I have open dates and look forward to hearing from you.
A word from your missionaries
Spencer Simpson – Redeemer’s Love Mission, Houston
Thank you so much for your continued prayers and support. Summer is off to a great start for us with our membership classes going, and tremendous spiritual growth being seen in our discipleship groups!
Continue to pray for the hearts of our regulars and future members that the Lord would prepare them to be actively seeking out and making disciples. Pray as well for the hearts of those who confess Christ but express no desire to know Him more. Pray for us as pastors, that we would be patient with them and lean on the Holy Spirit’s work in their hearts and not on our own efforts. We are also still looking for someone to help us lead worship, so prayer for that is greatly appreciated.
Gamalier Luna – New Mission in El Paso
Do not give up, do not discount, remain committed, in time you will know that you have done the right thing.
Pray for the family of my wife and my father-in-law, who is in the hospital.
Pray for the event we will have on June 19, that God would work and souls would be saved.
Isaias Rojas Osechas – Church Plant in Spring
Thank you for your support in all aspects, moral, economic and spiritual and continue to pray for us. Pray for more contacts to evangelize and disciple. Pray for growth and the strengthening of family small groups.
1. For the immediate attention of the converts to be discipled
2. A house, own or rented, to reunite those who are discipled
3. For greater follow-up of the Hispanics in attending the meeting place and time to visit them in their homes…for the level of Discipleship 1, 2, 3…initial, intermediate, and advanced.
Cristian Martinez – Grace Harvest Baptist Mission, Lubbock
Thank you for faithfully partnering with us in the labor of making disciples in Lubbock through your prayers and financial support. This month we were able to see the fruit of three people who turned from their sins to trust and followed Jesus. Two of them are a couple that have read the Bible with us for almost one year. The other man is a research scholar at Texas Tech University that is originally from China. God opened his eyes to see Jesus as his only God and Savior after one month of reading the Bible. He came to the US not knowing about the Bible and Jesus. He will go back to China in six months with the treasure of the gospel and very likely will face rejection and possible persecution. Please pray for joyful obedience and perseverance in the faith.
Pray for conversions, new converts to obey in baptism, pregnancy and moving.
Cliff Robertson – Carpenter’s House Mission – Lake Jackson/Clute
Pray for us as we walk into the VBS season! Pray that we may be able to reach many kids and their parents for Jesus!
We are beginning the new plant in West Columbia. We are excited and will be announcing more soon!
Mike Watt – Crosswork Mission, Tahoka
We have big plans this summer for reaching our community. We will have sports camps in June and block parties in July.
Summer sports camps are next week. Please pray we impact the community for the Kingdom
Neptaly Molina – Iglesia Bautista Mission, Nacogdoches
I went out in different places to preach the messages in public places like Walmart, Michuacana and Lufkin. Recently, I went to preach with my wife Manuela and Sister Micaela Chavez to knock on doors and we visited 15 homes in the sector (with Seale where there is a small Hispanic colony) of which seven people were interested and wish to be visited again. One person made the decision to accept Christ.
- Spiritual life of the Pastoral family Molina Perdomo
- Development of the Mission in Nacogdoches
- New families that are working for the mission
- Implementing the Andres plan, an evangelistic and discipleship plan
- Three new Hispanic places to evangelize and get more families for Christ and for the mission in Nacogdoches
- For immigration decisions for us
Jaime Garcia – Iglesia Bautista Nueva Vida Mission, Gilmer/Mesquite
Blessed be God, brothers, who has given us of His Holy Spirit and who has promised to be with us until the end of the world. I believe that without that promise I would not have the courage to continue doing the missionary work. Now, I understand why Moses and other servants of God wisely obeyed and continued with faith as if they were looking at the invisible (Hebrews 11:27). It is necessary to continue talking about the love and hope of God for humanity through Jesus, but also to understand that not everyone obeys the gospel. But it is necessary to proclaim the whole counsel of God. Some, sadly, by discarding the good news and not obeying the truth will be judged. It is not easy because there is a great opposition, but the Love of God acts in our Hearts to continue advancing. Blessings for all of you brothers.
Thank you for keeping me in your prayers. I believe that without your prayers none of this would be happening. Your support of the missionary work is of great importance, and I need you to always include me in your prayers. God is doing great things. Please pray that God continues to open doors above all that hearts be reconciled to God through Jesus.
Ronnie Mills – Kingdom Chapel Mission, Saginaw/North Fort Worth
We’re so excited about our launch in August! We feel that we have built a solid core team, and laid a foundation for us as a church that will make our launch in August so much smoother. Please continue to pray for us. We recently baptized five people who have committed their lives to Jesus, and God is still doing amazing things through our ministry!
Pray our people will carry in them the momentum needed to launch in August!
Matthew Prather – The Bridge Mission, Midlothian/Waxahachie
Summer is here! It is hard to believe how fast this school year has flown by. So many great things have been happening. As I write this, we are getting ready to have our first baptism service in our new building. We have seen several new families attend our newcomers lunch, and new families have been stepping up to volunteer in different areas. We have several different things planned for this summer. Please continue to pray for us as we continue to reach new people. We appreciate you continued support.
Weskey Burke – Intern preparing for Nacogdoches
Pray for the Burkes as the move and find a place to live.
Chris Driver – West Texas Multiplication Network/Texas Missionary Care
Connect. Connect. Connect. That’s what we are focusing on here in west Texas. Church planters are finding new ways to make connections in their small towns, I am finding ways to connect to churches and pastors who might embrace the vision of being a mother church, and the missions department is finding ways to better connect our planters and their families with the BMA work and one another. Please pray for these connections. Every one of them is critical to the success of God’s mission here in west Texas and across our state. Who knows, it might just be that you and your church end up being the answer to that prayer. If so, give me a call and let’s see what God wants to do!
I love this!